Much is happening with LIFAC right now: progress on long term planning for a replacement ferry, 3 new committee members, election of officers at Tuesday’s meeting. So far, Nancy Ging is the only person I’ve heard of who’s thrown her hat in the ring for chairperson, replacing Mike McKenzie who has come off LIFAC. I think Nancy’s a strong candidate because she has a good track record of organizing and moving things forward, practical determination to increase LIFAC’s transparency in communicating with islanders, a substantial (>10 yr) history of interest/involvement with ferry issues and positive connections with several of our County Council council members.
LUMMI ISLAND ADVISORY COMMITTEE AGENDA
February 2, 2016, starting at 6:30 p.m.
at Lummi Island Fire Hall
CALL TO ORDER
NOMINATION AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS
1. LIFAC Regular Meeting January 5, 2016 (at LI Fire Hall)
During open session attendees can speak on any topic. Each speaker will state his or her name for the record and will have three (3) minutes to address the Committee. The Committee requests that individuals intending to speak during public comments please submit the comments in writing for a compilation of public records.
1. Update from Rob Ney, Public Works Special Programs Manager, Ferry Division
2. Discussion of minutes for LIFAC meetings
3. Discussion of elements to be included in LOS standard.
4. Discussion of Whatcom County Comp Plan references to Lummi Island ferry
1. Feasibility of Fairhaven route for Lummi Island ferry (Antholt)
2. Lummi Island ferry parking lot usage re “dead” vehicles