The Citizens’ Task Force For the Lummi Island Ferry
Invites you to our Open House
Monday, May 2, 6 pm, at the Grange
Ask questions and provide your input:
- What about drydock in April instead of September?
- Should age 5, 12, or 18 be the cutoff for free rides?
- What’s the difference between operational and capital costs, and why does it matter?
- What do you think of crew fares?
- What do you think of needs-based fares?
- Should the rented Gooseberry parking lot be eliminated to reduce expenses?
- What do you think of peak season fares?
- Should service hours be cut to reduce expenses?
- What about vehicles being charged by length instead of weight?
- What about electronic ticketing and credit card payment?
The review will summarize major findings by the Task Force on ridership, accounting, fare options and other key issues. Those summaries, as well as the detailed research reports linked to previously on the Ferry Forum and in the Ferry Documents database, will provide objective background data and definitions that help clarify the reasons and consequences of options. That information also may influence how you answer some of the above questions.
Please note: The status of Gooseberry Pt negotiations will not be discussed. The Task Force has no more information than any of the rest of us, plus negotiations are not within the scope of the work they were charged to accomplish by the County Council.